Tuesday 23 November 2010

Q1

How is your Group of people/ place represented typically in the media? Use detailed examples from your primary sources. Explore specifically how the representations are constructed.

The general representation of muslims within films are as terrorists/extremists who have disagreements with western traditions and values. This is reinforced by such characters:

Four Lions:
Waj- 'we'll blow something up'
Omar - 'What we gonna blow up waj?'
Barry - 'Yeah! Bomb the mosque, radicalise the moderates, bring it all on.'
Fessal - 'My plan is, right, to put a bomb on a crow and fly it into one of them towers full of Jews and slags.'
Hassan -'Let's blow up a load of fit slags at the marathon, yeah?'

My name is Khan:
Rizwan- 'My name is Khan, and I am not a terrorist.'

Traitor:
Samir: 'oh I'm a terrorist'

No comments:

Post a Comment